What is a Title Tag?
In Webflow, a Title tag is an HTML element that defines the title of a webpage. It is displayed in the browser's title bar and is also used as the main heading in search engine results.
Title tags are an important part of on-page SEO as they help search engines understand the content of a page and determine its relevance to a search query. They should be concise and descriptive, accurately reflecting the content of the page they are associated with.
How long is a title tag?
The length of a title tag in Webflow and other web development platforms is measured in pixels, not characters. Most search engines will display up to 600 pixels (approximately 60 characters) of a title tag before truncating it with an ellipsis (...).
However, it's important to note that the ideal length of a title tag can vary depending on the content of the page and the search query being used. In general, it's a good idea to keep title tags concise and descriptive, focusing on the most important keywords and information related to the page's content.
What should a title tag contain?
A title tag should contain a concise and descriptive summary of the content of the page it represents. It's important to use relevant keywords and phrases that accurately reflect the content of the page and are likely to be used in search queries by users.
Here are some best practices to follow when creating title tags for your Webflow pages:
- Keep it concise: Title tags should generally be no more than 60 characters or 600 pixels in length to avoid being truncated in search results.
- Be descriptive: The title tag should accurately summarize the content of the page and provide an idea of what users can expect to find there.
- Include important keywords: Use relevant keywords and phrases that accurately reflect the content of the page and are likely to be used in search queries.
- Avoid duplication: Each page on your website should have a unique title tag to avoid confusion and improve search engine optimization.
- Use branding where appropriate: If your page includes branding elements, such as a product name or company name, include them in the title tag.
Overall, the goal of a title tag is to provide a clear and concise summary of the content of the page it represents, while also improving search engine optimization and helping users find the information they're looking for.
How to Add a Title Tag in Webflow:
This is a pretty simple process:
- Go to the page you want to add the title tag to.
- Click on the "Settings" button in the top right corner of the page.
- In the "Settings" panel, click on the "SEO" tab.
- In the "SEO" tab, you'll see a field labeled "Title". Enter the title you want for the page in this field.
- Make sure to keep the title concise and descriptive, as it will show up in search engine results.
- When you're done, click the "Save" button and you're good to go!
That's all there is to it! By adding title tags to your Webflow site, you'll be helping search engines understand what your pages are about and improving your visibility in search results.