What is a Webflow Meta description?
A Webflow Meta description gives a brief summary of a webpage's content. It is displayed in search engine results underneath the title tag and can help users decide whether to click through to the page.
A good Meta description should be concise and compelling, accurately summarizing the content of the page while also including relevant keywords and phrases. It should be no more than 160 characters in length to avoid being truncated in search results.
Meta descriptions are an important part of on-page SEO as they can help improve click-through rates and drive more traffic to your website. In Webflow, you can easily add Meta descriptions to your pages using the "SEO" tab in the "Page Settings" panel. Simply enter your desired Meta description in the "Description" field, and Webflow will automatically add it to the HTML code of your page.
Why are Webflow meta descriptions important?
Webflow meta descriptions are important because they play a crucial role in on-page SEO and can impact the number of clicks your website receives from search engine results. Meta descriptions are HTML elements that provide a brief summary of a webpage's content and appear in search engine results underneath the title tag. They can help users determine whether a page is relevant to their search query and encourage them to click through to your website.
How long is a Webflow meta description?
A meta description in Webflow should be no more than 160 characters in length. This is the recommended maximum length by most search engines to avoid truncation in search results. A well-crafted meta description should be concise, compelling, and accurately summarize the content of the page while also incorporating relevant keywords and phrases.
How to add a meta description in Webflow?
- Go to the page you want to add the meta tag to.
- Click on the "Settings" button in the top right corner of the page.
- In the "Settings" panel, click on the "SEO" tab.
- In the "SEO" tab, you'll see a field labeled "Meta description". Enter the meta description you want for the page in this field.
- Make sure to keep the meta description concise and descriptive, as it will show up in search engine results.
- When you're done, click the "Save" button and you're all set!